Skip to main content

A run and a beer...

It's been quite a while since I posted, so I must apologise to my (small) readership. And, I fear that I will be a further disappointment today as well, as I shall be talking about a beer!

I have downloaded Blogger to my iPad, in the hope that it will encourage more blogging. So, today will be brief and we will see...

Today was a beautiful morning, cool but not cold, dry, and fairly quiet. I was a bit later out running than planned, as I was enacting a small DIY repair on the bathroom light (oh yes!). Today, the challenge was to tackle Toot Hill, a fairly beefy incline about half way in, and I motored up it with ease, most satisfying. All in all a gentle 9 miler, as I knew I needed to retain energy for the afternoon of The Decorating Of The House For Christmas...

For lunch, a glorious Trappist beer from the excellent beer shop in Bell Street, Romsey. I urge you to try both the beer and the shop out.

What I had failed to consider was that a 33cl bottle at 11.5% is more alcohol than a large glass of red. In consequence the afternoon could be interesting...

Pip pip till next time!

Comments

  1. It's really an attractive and well described post regarding Beer .I appreciate your posted topic and wonderful photo.Thanks for sharing such an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miles 34.7; Units 28

A week is a long time in running, if I may use the political catchphrase. This week started with a slippery drive to circuits, then on Tuesday having to turn back on the motorway from a drive to Sheffield, and a treadmill intervals session on Wednesday to keep safe in the icy conditions. Saturday was a gloomy and wet run, though by Sunday it was shorts and t-shirt for the long run, in the balmy conditions of 8 degrees! The Long Run, by the way, was partly down the Test Way, where you run along the old railway branch line, now a track for runners and walkers. Some lucky people bought the old station at Horsebridge and have turned it into their home, and a wedding venue. A real touch of 'Oh Mr. Porter!'. A week of trying hard and not quite succeeding, alas, with all of the runs just failing to hit the mark. Not sure why. The Romsey 5 is next weekend, and I have just not got the quality sessions in I'd like to have done. It will be an endurance battle.. Wine of this week (stil...

miles 20.64; Bike Miles 0; Units probably too many!

A couple of runs this week, Tuesday and Sunday, the latter a great long run - just over 14 miles - really feeling back in the swing of things, and ready to book some races now. It was just glorious to be out in the cool but sunny weather - absolute joy! I am finally feeling like I am able to run again. It has also been a bit more of a relaxed week at work, with a couple of days on a training course, and the rest of the time in the office. Also, the throat was gently easing out by the weekend ( I did promise not to go on about it).... ....which is good when I tell you that we went to Hotel Terravina again, this time as a gift for my 40th Birthday from Carol and Huw, to take part in a 'sabrage' event, which means that you chop the top off a bottle of champagne with a sabre! All very extravagant and grand - see me brandishing said bottle in the attached photo. What a great experience that was, really very special. Thanks to C&H for that! Other than the Champagne we also had tw...

Lovely wines in Hong Kong

Have just arrived in Hong Kong for a brief stay. Dined last night at Felix, on top of the Peninsula. Most enjoyable! Four lovely wines - Cape Mentelle Chardonnay 2010, a really delicate, lightly oaked wine, Chablis her Cru Leflaive 2006, crisp, lean, racy and with some age on it, and Zenato Amarone della Valpolicella - a beast of a wine! And to finish, Ch. Guiraud 1998, delicate, ripe, some botrytis. Life is clearly not like this every day. But it's good when it is like this a bit!